Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Shower for Baby Abeni

One of my dearest friends, Nefertiti is expecting a Baby Girl, Abeni, in the next few weeks!! How exciting!! Abeni is an African name meaning "girl prayed for"... completely accurate in her case :)

Friends to the rescue! Mia, Lorie, and I took on the task of hosting the baby shower and while it was hectic to fit planning into our schedules, it was definitely a task our hearts enjoyed.

The theme was a Jungle Baby Shower. I have to admit that I fell in love with the little Monkey right away! I just knew she had to be the star of the cookies!


Each person got a cookie in a celophane baggie with a contrasting printable as the Shower favours. The labels said "Celebrating Abeni. Love, Nef & Jesse" *oops* I forgot to take a picture of the packaged favours.


Here's the themed inspirtation piece
I flooded the cookies and outlined the monkeys

After letting the outline dry, each monkey got a face and a smile!
 
Finished Monkeys! Don't they look like they're having a grande time!?


Accent cookies to round out the collection.


Nef and Jesse (the Dad) were showered with love and gifts and hopefully had a fantastic time!

I know we all cannot wait until baby Abeni makes her debut!

Cookies and Kisses,
Mel

1 comment: